Vickie Klick's Website
I have been a professed Secular Franciscan since 1985. (Secular, in this context, refers to anyone,
lay or ordained, who has not taken religious vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.) Secular Franciscans
make a lifelong promise to follow a Gospel way of life in the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi. The tenets of
this way of life are spelled out in the Secular Franciscan Rule.
Please visit my SFO page to learn more about the SFO and about our fraternity
in the Fox Valley, Illinois area.
Visit my blog, with occasional postings, particularly when I am trying to do a photo a day project.
This photo was taken after an ice storm on December 11, 2007.
The witch hazel had a leaf-shaped piece of ice that retained the texture of the leaf that formed it!
While the original leaf appears to be encased in the ice, in fact it's completely separated, behind the ice.
- Oak Creek Canyon/Sedona
- Sunset Crater and Wupatki National Monuments a few miles outside Flagstaff
- South Rim of the Grand Canyon on a day with very changeable weather
- Fall colors at the Morton Arboretum and Blackwell Forest Preserve
- The first part of a hike around Geneva Lake, from Lake Geneva, WI to Fontana, WI - about 12 miles
- The rest of our hike around Geneva Lake, from Fontana back to Lake Geneva - about 13 miles
- Land tour to Denali National Park, etc., June 5-10
- Cruise to Alaska on the Coral Princess, May 29-June 4
- World of Wheels, Rosemont, Illinois - March 5
- Photos from a business trip to Redmond, WA - where I got to visit friends and family in the evenings
- Photos taken in November at Morikami Museum & Japanese Gardens. Despite
the existence of Yamato Road in Boca Raton, I was unaware of the Japanese colony in South Florida - learn more at their website. Unfortunately,
the museum is closed for renovation until spring, but the gardens were lovely.
- Photos from the 100th anniversary of the "Schools on the Hill" in West Palm Beach, Florida -
where both Dad and Mom taught (and Mom was a secretary in the 1950s, until I came along) and
John and I graduated. We were connected to that campus from the time Mom and Dad moved to West Palm Beach
until the high school moved the last year Mom was teaching (1988-89).
- More photos from Olympic National Park, this time from late October when I was in Redmond for work
- Photos from the trip my mom and I made to the Pacific Northwest (centering on Seattle) June 22-July 4:
- A few photos from the Lake Junaluska/Waynesville, NC area, taken while there for my uncle's funeral. On a cold morning, the rock faces along a scenic highway were covered with icicles - quite a sight.
- Fall color photos from Matthiessen State Park, near Utica, Illinois, taken October 20, 2007
- Photos from the annual meeting of the National Fraternity of the Secular Franciscan Order, October 2-7, 2007
- Photos from Dave's parents' 50th anniversary party, September 15, 2007
- Trip story and photos from the Canadian Rockies, July 21-31, 2007
- Banff National Park (Sights around Banff townsite such as Tunnel Mountain)
- Banff National Park (mostly at Sunshine Meadows)
- Banff National Park (Bow Valley Parkway, Johnston Canyon, Lake Louise, Moraine Lake)
- Banff and Jasper National Parks (Lake Louise, Icefields Parkway)
- Jasper National Park (Mt. Edith Cavell/Cavell Meadows, Ice Explorer at Columbia Icefield, Athabasca Falls)
- Jasper National Parks (Maligne Lake, Maligne Canyon)
- Jasper, Banff, and Yoho National Parks (Primarily Parker Ridge and Takakkaw Falls)
- Yoho National Park (Emerald Lake, Natural Bridge)
- Yoho and Kootenay National Parks (Emerald Lake, Rt. 93 through Kootenay)
- Highlights of a trip to the Appalachians, April 30-May 6, 2007
- 2005 and before
If you have comments or questions, please contact me.